MP3 support in openoffice.org

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 26 22:52:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 15:46, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> How do you add mp3 support to openoffice.org? I have a powerpoint that
> uses mp3 for sound, but openoffice is silent. I already set up the
> universe and multiverse repositories, but I couldn't find a package
> giving ooo mpeg support. Is it even possible? Thanks!

It is indeed possible. You need to install the Java Media Framework (JMF).
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/

There are some instructions on the OOo Forums:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=26704

Hope that helps, good luck, keep us informed!

Richard Johnson <> nixternal at ubuntu.com
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com <> chi.ubuntu-us.com
online everywhere as nixternal
<><