Adept unusable

David Bird obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 26 09:31:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 21:30, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:
> I get the error message
> "Data base locket every time I try to start adept
> then it starts in read only mode
> how do I unlock the database
> thanks in advance

  Ok it sounds like you are running it as a normal user rather than sudo.
How are you accessing it if from a runbox ie alt-F2 or the run command from
the menu then you need to put kdesu adept.
  If you are running it from the menu then check that the command is as above
and that the run as different user box is ticked. Failing that see if apt-get
is working, adept is just a frontend for apt-get. To use apt-get from a
terminal type sudo apt-get update to get the database up to date. Personally
I am not a fan of adept and prefer synaptic, yes on my Kubuntu :)

David