Organizing home movies

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 06:56:01 UTC 2006

On 23/09/06, Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/17/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I organize the photos I take with F-spot. Is there any similar program
> > for organizing movies? Some thing that would let me tag them, display
> > thumbnails, etc? What programs do other Kubuntu users use?
>
> I use showimg which is in the repository.  It is more or less like
> fspot, but can handle movies as well as pictures.  It has tagging
> features like you want, though I've never used them.
>
> Michael

Thanks, Michael. I'm familiar with ShowImg, but I don't see how to tag
photos/movies.

Furthermore, I don't get a thumbnail of the first frame of a movie (in
Konqueror I do). The problem may be that in the options, I have Enable
Video checked, but the list of engines is empty. How does one add
engines?

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com