gnome or kde?

Gert Gast gert.gast at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 08:07:36 UTC 2006

Hi all, I just installed Dapper 6.06 Ubuntu, and I'm not so sure whether I
like gnome that much. It is very slick, but kde has far more options and
flexibility with customisation. So I wonder, does it make sense to install
the kde desktop on top of ubuntu and then at least be able to choose at
startup. If that's a possibility what would I have to install apart from the
kde deskstop. Else, would that cause major problems with dependencies etc
and is not recommended? Anyone has any experience with that?

Cheers, Gert