How to install in hard drive

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:15:15 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, mamrg <lists at tuxdoit.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded Kubuntu image kubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso
>
> When i boot the system, there's in a single option the phrase ""Start or
> Install Kubuntu".
>
> The fact is that that it always boot in "live CD" form.
>
> How can i install it in my hard drive ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito

Once it's booted there is an icon on the desktop you can click to install it
to the harddrive.  Or you can download the 'alternate' version which is a
full blown installer version without the Live CD part.  IMO that is a much
better choice as a lot of people seem to have had issues with the live CD
installer.  Just my thoughts and suggestions.

With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo