apt error

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Wed Sep 20 19:56:09 UTC 2006

today the nice little adept notifier applet said I I had new things I could
install which I dutifully did.

One of these was flashplugin-nonfree (multiverse?) and it failed to install
with adept.

I tried apt with the following results:

jlv at jlv:~$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Suggested packages:
  mozilla-browser mozilla-firefox msttcorefonts ttf-xfree86-nonfree xfs
Recommended packages:
  libesd0-alsa libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
  flashplugin-nonfree
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/15.8kB of archives.
After unpacking 168kB of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package flashplugin-nonfree.
(Reading database ... 153589 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking flashplugin-nonfree
(from .../flashplugin-nonfree_7.0.68~ubuntu1~dapper1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (7.0.68~ubuntu1~dapper1) ...
Downloading...  done.
usage: update-rc.d [-n] [-f] <basename> remove
       update-rc.d [-n] <basename> defaults [NN | sNN kNN]
       update-rc.d [-n] <basename> start|stop NN runlvl [runlvl] [...] .
                -n: not really
                -f: force
dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--configure):
 flashplugin-nonfree
jlv at jlv:~$

suggestions?

Thanks
John L. Vifian
--
We are born naked, wet and hungry.  Then things get worse.