How to identify the fonts used in Ubuntu?

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Sep 17 07:49:34 UTC 2006

Larry Alkoff wrote the following on 17.09.2006 02:07:
> Before playing with the fonts in Ubuntu, I'd _first_ like to know what
> fonts are actually being used so I can both see the base font to compare
>
> How to do that?

in gnome:
ALT+F2 then enter gnome-font-properties

in kde:
ALT+F2 then enter kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Fonts

there you can check the dafult settings (and note them down) and alter
them to your liking.

> Using Thunderbird on Linux
Your USER-Agent is Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 (X11/20060615) which seems to be
an outdated Dapper version. You should update via dapper-security.

bye Thilo
--
i am on Ubuntu 2.6 KDE
- some friend of mine