AcrobatReader not available via Adept?

Nicolas Miyasato nmiyasato at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 13:49:31 UTC 2006

On 16/09/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 September 2006 02:35, john d. herron wrote:
> >Greetings.
> >As a rather new user of Kubuntu Dapper I tried to find and install the
> >free Acrobat PDF Reader (crisper rendition compared to e.g. Kpdf), but
> >it appears not to be available through Adept.
> >Am I overlooking something? Should I simply download it from the Adobe
> >portal, or is there perhaps a better solution?
> >Any help will be thankfully appreciated - jdh
>
> AFAIK you'll have to get it from the adobe site.  While its free, the
> licensing is incompatible with the GPL, and cannot be made a part of any
> distro that I know of.
>
> That said, the latest one works very nicely here.

I have it via apt/adept

root at miya-desktop:~# apt-cache search acroread
acroread - Adobe Acrobat Reader: Portable Document Format file viewer
acroread-debian-files - Debian specific parts of Adobe Acrobat Reader
acroread-plugins - Plugins for Adobe Acrobat(R) Reader
mozilla-acroread - Adobe Acrobat(R) Reader plugin for mozilla / konqueror

Just do what Henri Girard said.

--
miya