Psycho mouse.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:24:07 UTC 2006

On 03/08/06, Serg <sergicles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having some (well a few) issues with my mouse response times. Or so
> it seems, I think it's something to do with the mouse although I am
> beginning to doubt that.
>
> Whenever I click on something, for example a Gvim icon system opens 2
> instances of it. When I try to focus a mouse over the top of some window
> frames to drag them it maximizes the window.
>
> It seems like the response times for the clicks are very quick and I
> don't know whats going on here. I am running Kubuntu 6.06, and i fiddled
> with mouse settings: Start drag distance, response times etc. I reset
> them to defaults, no luck. So i am guessing it has nothing to do with
> actual mouse controls.
>
> Another thing I noticed is when I try to drag mouse over text in comand
> console or even open office it starts to highlight text but then it
> starts "un-highlighting" lines, looses focus or just skips lines.
>
> Any ideas guys?
>
> Thanks,
>    Serg

I know that I'm a month late in answering this, but I've been away
from my email and I'm just now cathcing up on the threads that
interest me.

I have the same problem with my A4 wireless mouse. The buttons
sometimes stick, and I must (lightly) bang the mouse against the table
to free them. What brand of mouse have you? Try giving it a light tap,
see if that frees a stuck key.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com