Laptop and dock station

Pascal Francq pfrancq at
Wed Sep 13 11:24:35 BST 2006

I have buy a laptop (ACER TravelMate 8200) as well as a corresponding dock
station (ezDock). It works well, but there is one little problem concerning
- It activates the screen of the laptop and the screen of my monitor (during
boot or shutdown, the screen of the laptop is not activated).
- I cannot choose a higher resolution that graphic card and monitor can
I suppose it is something to configure with X, but I have no idea what and
where to search.
Anyone an idea?

Prof. Pascal Francq
Digital Information Chair
Université libre de Bruxelles
Department of Information and Communication Sciences
Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50
CP 123
B-1050 Brussels
Tel. +32-2-650 47 65