kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 20, Issue 30

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 10 18:41:54 UTC 2006

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:32:32 -0300
> From: Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> Subject: Re: Bug Reporting
> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Rich Johnson wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 09 September 2006 12:08, Leonard
> Chatagnier wrote:
> >> Want to file a bug report but can't find out how
> to do
> >> it. Looked for 'bugreport" tool I used in
> Debian(think
>
> It's "reportbug".

Thanks for this. My old feeble brain must have been
firing on just 6 0f 8 cylinders. Should have thought
of it myself.

> > https://launchpad.net/bugs
> >
> > Fill in the info. Give it a title that will say
> the issue/bug in 10 words
> > or less. Select the package (there is a link to
> the right of the package
> > input box that will allow you to search the actual
> package the bug
> > corresponds to), then type up the bug details
> (who, what, when, where,
> > why, and how). If you have logs make sure you
> provide them as well.
> >
> This is a much better idea, as reportbug is just
> emailing the bug report to
> ubuntu-users.  :-(

Good. I'll use it instead. If it grabs the data it
needs or calls it to your attention its just what I
need as haven't filed many bugs. Funny that searching
the above site gave no bugs listed regarding mozilla
browser not playing embedded videos using
mozilla-mplayer. There soon will be, though. Thanks
very muct for you input.
> --
> derek

Leonard Chatagnier