Accessing Second Hard Disk

Larry larry at larryeverson.com
Sat Sep 9 23:04:30 UTC 2006

I have a second hard disk that I want to use only for data. I can mount
it and see it on the desktop. I used type EXT2.

When I try to save something to it I am told that I don't have the
permissions to do that. I looked at the properties of the disk and see
that the owner is root.

I tried to use chmod to change the properties, but I guess that I am not
doing it correctly because the I still cannot save anything.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and point me in the right
direction.

Thanks.