Adept Manager not working

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sat Sep 9 14:15:35 UTC 2006

At it's most basic, the application "kate" works similarly
to Window's notepad. This being Linux there are several
ways to do what  was requested, the easiest being:

from the desktop use the key combination of <alt><F2>
then enter

kate /etc/apt/sources.list

into the dialog.

The Window's way works, too:

click on the big "K" in the lower left of the display
click on utilities
click on kate
when kate opens click in the menu bar click on "file"
the "open" the entering /etc/apt/sources.list into the
address dialog.

OR...if you have "katapult" installed (and I think it is by
default, not sure) from the desktop <alt><spacebar> then
type kate and press the <enter> key then navagate
to /etc/apt/sources.list in the normal way.

Once kate starts it's just like notepad...edit, select all
move the focus back to your mail reply and click edit paste
(<ctrl><v>).

Ron Morse