Q: Superkaramba stability

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:03:00 UTC 2006

Is it just me or do others find that SuperKaramba is terribly unstable?

I've used it for about 9 months on Mdv 2006, and maybe three weeks now
under Kubuntu (both 64-bit systems). Both behaved the same way: SK
would crash at least once every few days, and sometimes much more
frequently. I haven't tried SK on a 32-bit system.

It doesn't seem to make any difference what SK themes I am using,
although I can sort-of convince myself that the more themes I am
running, the more frequently SK crashes.

It isn't actually obvious that SK is undergoing active development any
more, so maybe there's nothing to be done. But I sure would like to
know if I'm the only one who gets frustrated with SK crashes. Pain
shared is pain lessened, I guess.