Upgrade Dapper with 6.06.1 LTS

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 5 22:18:34 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 16:54, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to upgrade an existing Dapper with the new 6.06.1 LTS ?
>
> I don't want loose my previous installation, but when I upgraded from
> the Breezy I forget to make "apt-get dist-upgrade" just make "apt-get
> upgrade" and it seems some conf files are not upgraded.
>
> Sam.
>

> --
> Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
> pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
> suspect n'a été trouvé.

Sam,

If you are currently using Dapper, and have done all the upgrades you have
been notified by from the Adept Notifier in the task bar, or by
doing "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" you are running the same as
6.06.1 LTS. The 6.06.1 LTS is only for people who are just NOW downloading
and installing Kubuntu. The 6.06.1 LTS is just a collection of the updates
between the initial June 1, 2006 release and to date.

Richard Johnson <> nixternal at ubuntu.com
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com <> chi.ubuntu-us.com
online everywhere as nixternal
<><