konqueror profiles

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:04:44 UTC 2006

On 9/5/06, Mark Kelly <kubuntu at wastedtimes.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 13:13, √ėyvind Stegard wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 September 2006 12:51, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > > In the default KDE there is an option to open and/or save the
> > > konqueror view profiles under the Settings menu.  Where have those
> > > options gone in the Kubuntu version of KDE?
> >
> > I'm wondering about this, myself.
>
> It's not just the profiles, there is quite a bit removed from the
> konqueror
> menus in Kubuntu. To reinstate all the stuff that is there in a straight
> KDE :
>
> cp /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror-orig.rc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc
>
> then
>
> cp /usr/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/*
> ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/
>
> Both should be single lines (beware mail client wrapping) and executed as
> the user that wants the full menus.
>
> HTH
>
> Mark

I had an issue with konqueror when I first installed Kubuntu that took some
guys in #KDE to help me fix the issue.  It's exactly what Mark stated but
I've documented it on my forum.  You can read it in full here:
http://www.linuxfordummies.org/index.php?topic=573.0

Hope that helps and might give you a bit more insight on what Mark
mentioned.

With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo