Kontact and KPilot

Roshan Mansinghani rosh1182 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:17:38 UTC 2006

I believe that KPilot and KitchenSync are not actually compatible in
that way.  From http://kontact.kde.org/components.php:

The Sync Component

KitchenSync, KDE's universal syncing application provides a framework
for syncing with all kinds of devices. On one side it will have a
plugin based interface with your mobile devices, like: PDA's and smart
phones. On the other side it has conduits for connecting with other
KDE Kontact components and external applications. The Sync component,
provided by KitchenSync, is currently being implemented, therefore
KitchenSync is not yet considered to be stable. Till the day that
KitchenSync takes over we have two very nice applications that
seamlessly integrate with KDE Kontact: KPilot for syncing with Palm
compatible devices and Kandy for syncing with several mobile phone
types. Eventually, KitchenSync will become a universal syncing
framework.