remote desktop connection

Jordi Ferrando jferrando at netplc.com
Mon Sep 4 21:04:13 UTC 2006

Hi Harold,

Do you mean
a) VNC-like connection?
b) File sharing?

For (a) you can very easily setup <Internet><Desktop sharing> krfb
You can also use <Internet><Remote desktop connection> krdc to
access VNC servers (windows or linux ones)

(b) If you need to share files, Linux uses samba. You must install samba.
You will need to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf file, also reading
samba documentation www.samba.org will be good.