Serial printer problems

Carlos Barros barros001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:26:56 UTC 2006

Well, i got it by myself, and if anyone are having the same problem,
here goes the answer:

the defult cups instalation does not include the link for serial backend
in /usr/lib/cups/backend. to solve this:

$ cd /usr/lib/cups/backend
$ sudo ln -s ../backend-available/serial .
$ sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

regards
Carlos Barros