Embedded Videos Still Wont Play In Mozilla Browser

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 2 07:41:27 UTC 2006

Still trying to get embedded videos to play in Mozilla
browser. A reference to the mplayer list was refered
to mplayerplug-ins at sourceforge.net. The mime type
"application/x-mplayer2" appears in KDE's file
association list and in "about plugins" Windows Media
Player Plugin entry in Mozilla browser but it doesn't
show in mplayerplug-in 3.17 nor in
mplayerplug-in.types. I suspect the entry should be in
the two places it isn't. From all my googling it
appears that this is a Debian/Ubuntu distro related
issue and would like to know how to get the mime type
entered in the places where its not and in general how
to get embedded videos to play in Mozilla browser. As
I mentioned in an earlier post this month this is a
long standing issue and all my googling points back to
the distro. Please help me on this.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net