edgy fuzzy fonts bad

golfer golfbuf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:54:15 UTC 2006

I don't like the fonts in edgy, compared to dapper.  They are too
fuzzy.  In all applications, and all fonts, even the ttf I installed
from my M$ partition.  It's a 10 on the yuck factor!

It's particularly objectionable in konsole, with dejavu sans mono at
10 px.  It's very difficult to read.  I'm still downloading and
installing, so can't try anything in gnome yet.

I have an LCD with the nvidia-glx driver.

Everything is cool in dapper, so I know it's an edgy problem.

This is enough of a problem to make me stay with dapper.  I hope it
can be fixed, but so far, I don't see any postings here or in the
forums.

Anyone else having this problem, or can help?

TIA