freecontrib.org

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:52:20 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 8:20 pm, Brendan wrote:
> On Friday 27 October 2006 23:22, Bry Melvin wrote:
> > > Yep I can't get it either!!
> > > steve
> >
> > Does anyone know what has happened?
> > packages.freecontrib.org can't even be resolved by my browser now.
>
> Yep, and what I found with 5 seconds of google searching revealed:
> ## PLF fallback repository - edgy
> deb http://mrpouit.free.fr/plf-fallback edgy-plf free non-free
> deb-src http://mrpouit.free.fr/plf-fallback edgy-plf free non-free

I'm not exactly sure how to take your message:
At this point my very sarcastic nature takes it as a "Hey, dufus if you'd just
searched Google you wouldn't have bothered the list" in which case I'd
respond  in a very sharp tone letting you know that this question was posted
a full 2 days before the fallback was online, and some other sharp quips.

However, I'm trying to suppress that because its not nice, nor accurate, and
its very annoying to others who would refrain from helping me in the future.
So, I'm gonna take it as "Hey, I just found out from searching Google that
its now, this . . ." and respond in kind to your help:

Thanks, I meant to post this as soon as I found out, but I also got a message
from the maintainer that they have the real freecontrib up, but its moving.
Quote, "It seems to be back online.
But I have also started the migration to zarb.org, but it isn't finished yet,
so http://packages.freecontrib.org will stay the main mirror for the moment."
So, you beat me to posting it.

So we'll both need to be on the look out for when it changes to zarb.org.

Its amazing at how complicated communication can get!  :-D
As a Starbucks "Barista" says each day, "Have a sparkling day!"

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore