Recovering directory

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 02:10:06 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 04:56, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Pascal Francq <pfrancq at ulb.ac.be> writes:
> > After a wrong command, I delete a directory with 'rm -rf dir". Is
> > there a tool to recover it?
>
> Not helpfully, no.  Whatever command recovers files from your regular
> backups will work fine but if you had those you probably wouldn't be
> asking this, eh?

Which reminds me that I have been meaning to cover my tail with a few aliases
in .bash_profile:

alias cp='cp -i '
alias mv='mv -i '
alias rm='rm -i '

Which allows these programs to run with an "are you sure query" that you need
to answer. In my humble opinion, rm -rf is a very scary, but necessary
command, which needs to be on a leash.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA