Power Management

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 04:12:59 UTC 2006

I'm wondering, How in the world do you set Processor profiles with this new
power management app?

This really is beginning to stink BAD!

It seemed to go well, but now I'm beginning to believe the upgrade isn't worth
the effort.

I'm missing libraries, I had to figure out how to see my directories in /, and
now with this stupid "generic" kernel and "guidance" power manager I have NO
CPU speed settings.  I can't control the screen brightness, nor do I have
1/5th the options to control the processor that I had before.

The reason I'm upset is because it appears that this new setup doesn't spin up
the fans on my laptop in time to keep the processor cool enough, and its just
shutting itself off because of heat.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.