Mozilla Suite & Seamonkey

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Sat Oct 28 18:22:02 UTC 2006

--- Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > Message: 1
> > Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:15:45 +1300
> > From: Rebel Lion <obsidion at ihug.co.nz>
>
> > Rebel Lion <obsidion at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
> > Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Just discovered that Seamonkey is the new
> Mozilla
> > > Suite.
> > > It's not available, AFAICT, in Kubuntu.
> > > Will we get it on (K)ubuntu eventually as it is
> > > supposed to get mozilla browser to play embeds
> > which
> > > currently don't play for me.
> > > Any guidance/links on this is appreciated.
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Leonard Chatagnier
> > > lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
> > >

> >   You can always install it yourself from the
> tar.gz
> >
> > Hey RebelLion,
> Thanks for the reply. I may try to compile it but
> need
> some info before I do as have done so only once and
> nice person held my hand and walked me through it.
> I have mplayerplug-in-3.31 cvs compiled installed
> and
> don't know how to uninstall it. Some guidance/links
> in
> this regard would help. Also, mplayerplug-in-3.31
> doesn't make mozilla browser play embedds in Kubuntu
> which is why I want to try Seamonkey.
> Also do I have to uninstall mozilla suite before
> compiling and installing Seamonkey? Any other
> programs
> needed to uninstall?
> Sorry to ask these basic questions but they are
> beyond
> my experienc level. Any suggestions would be
> helpful.
>
> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

You don't have to install the source...there is a
tar.gz that is  a binary set.

You can install it in /opt /usr/local/ or even in your
home directory.

I do the latter sometimes if I anticipate backports
catching up with what I added.

(ex firefox 1.5 on breezy)

It helps keeping something in the home directroy for a
while.

Bryann