SWAT-http://localhost:901/

Paul Worrall paul at basilisk.ukfsn.org
Sat Oct 28 17:56:08 UTC 2006

On Friday 27 October 2006 22:47, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> I must be doing something wrong as entering:
> http://localhost:901/ in my web browser doesn't bring
> up the swat program. It gives this error(konqueror and
> mozilla):
> The connection was refused... for mozilla and
> Could not connect to host localhost (port 901). for
> konq
> Can someone please tell me what I must do to run swat.
> Have read the swat man which says to add the above and
> also googled on the address but no answers only snide
> replyies to read the how to ask questions link and
> some untranslatable posts. I have successfully used
> swat in the past but if I had to do something special
> it excapes me.

Some things to check:

1. Do you have a file '/etc/inetd.conf' and does it contain a line something
like this:
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/swat

2. Is inetd running?
sudo /etc/init.d/inetd start

3. There is nothing in '/etc/hosts.deny' and '/etc/hosts.allow' that would
prevent access from localhost. (on my system, these files contain nothing but
comments)

--
Paul