Mozilla Suite & Seamonkey

Rebel Lion obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 28 20:42:26 BST 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > Hey RebelLion,
> Thanks for the reply. I may try to compile it but need
> some info before I do as have done so only once and a
> nice person held my hand and walked me through it.
> I have mplayerplug-in-3.31 cvs compiled installed and
> don't know how to uninstall it. Some guidance/links in
> this regard would help. Also, mplayerplug-in-3.31
> doesn't make mozilla browser play embedds in Kubuntu
> which is why I want to try Seamonkey.
> Also do I have to uninstall mozilla suite before
> compiling and installing Seamonkey? Any other programs
> needed to uninstall?

  You don't need to uninstall anything to try out seamonkey. Just
download the .tar.gz. Then sudo mv seamonkey hit tab to autocomplete
to /usr/local/
cd to /usr/local/
ls sea* to make sure it is there and you are in the right place.
sudo tar zvxf seamonk here hit the tab key it will autocomplete and it
will untar into its own directory. You can then call it from there or
add an icon to your desktop or taskbar or where ever you want. Or you
can put a symlink in say /usr/bin/ to it.
To do this cd /usr/bin/ then sudo ln -s /usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey

  Re the mplayer  I don't have it, but do you have the mozilla-plugins
installed and are they in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory ?