konqueror not displaying all folders (edgy)

Ian Rose ian at themagictree.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 09:04:10 UTC 2006

Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> Cliff Wade wrote:

>>> its a 'feature'.
>>> kk
>>>

>> Edit the /.hidden  file and you can remove from that file whichever
>> directories you want to be seen.
>>

> I would definately say this is a bug in the mind that thought this up,
> even an experienced user can get very confused by this and if the
> .hidden file contains directories that are to be hidden, it will break
> whenever the FHS (filesystem hierarchy standard) changes again, unless
> the .hidden file is updated, which it won't be if the user changed it.
>
> I'd advise to file a bugreport!
>
> /Simon

Many thanks to all for your replies on this. I am however utterly
astonished that someone has decided to do this! I've been using linux
for four or five years and it threw me. I would imagine new converts
trying to follow some of the Ubuntu Wiki articles are going to be even
worse off!

/me pops off to file a bug report...

--
Ian