Replying in Kmail

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 02:59:38 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 5:20 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I recieve email to several POP3 accounts and retrieve them all with
> Kmail. How can I set Kmail so that when I reply to a meesage, the From
> address will automatically be the address to which the letter was
> addressed?

Simple, for each POP3 account create a folder off of Local folders for each
account.

Then, Set the properties for those folders (after you have created the IDs as
Richard Johns suggested) with the the following fields:

Name:  (According to the Account)

Check Act on new/unread mail if you want, and if you are using GMail as I do
you'll want to check, "Keep replies in this folder"  (because GMail doesn't
send the message back through to you from a list like a normal POP3 account
would).

Show Column: as desired.
Sender identity:  (According to the Account)

This makes sure that when you right click or whatever, and reply, the id in
the From field is the one you intended.  Because, NO its not automatic,
unless you specify otherwise Kmail will use the default ID.

I too use multiple POP3 accounts in KMail / Kontact.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore