NEC dvd r+wr

Howard Coles dhcolesj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:17:54 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Chiphazard56 at aol.com <Chiphazard56 at aol.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
> I, have just replaced the dvd disc drive to a new N.E.C dual layer
>     When I try to play commercial disc movies I get NAV error,I have
> managed  to
>     install regionset ?? but don't know how to find or use it ,Otherwise
> most
>     things ok
>     also how do I fix the ip Address as it keeps reverting back to my
> router
>     thanks,
>     Henjin

You need to install libdvdcss to watch commercial DVDs in Linux.  The
problem is this COULD be illegal and you take full personal responsibility
if you do.

There is a page on the Kubuntu site that explains about installing
restricted modules, and it has all the cautions and warnings.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!