Upgrading from dapper to edgy

Rashid ul Islam rashid786 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:07:29 BST 2006

On 27/10/06, Cliff Wade <hawkwind at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/26/06, rashid <rashid786 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 26 October 2006 23:26, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> > > Hi! Is there an easy way to upgrade from dapper 6.06 to edgy 6.10
> > > without downloading the cd. I am no linux newbie, but I am somewhat a
> > > debian newb. I somehow recall being able to replace 'dapper' with
> > 'edgy'
> > > (actually was 'sarge' to 'etch' when I last tried) and running some
> > apt
> > > command. Is that safe/recommended or should I just use an installer?
> > > Thanks! -Steven
> >
> > Hi Steve
> >
> > Yep, you can replace all incidences of "dapper" in your
> > /etc/apt/sources.list
> > with "edgy" then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
> >
> > An easy way to do that is to paste the following into a terminal window:
> >
> > sudo sed -e 's/\sdapper/ edgy/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > -Rashid
>

> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuUpgrade
>
> You need to do quite a bit more than mentioned above.  If you read and
> follow that URL there you should be pretty good to go.

> With kind regards,
>
> Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
> Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
> http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org
> http://urpmi-addmedia.org
> IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo

Cliff is right. Its probably better to follow the wiki, sorry, I should
linked to that :)

I found that I already had the other packages installed, and so all I needed
to do was that, (although I've actually changed my mind now after testing
the LiveCD. I think I prefer the stability of Dapper, seeing as Edgy is
giving me and a lot of other users problem. I'll wait until Feisty Fawn :D )

-Rashid