konqueror not displaying all folders (edgy)

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Oct 27 08:51:37 BST 2006

Ian Rose <ian at themagictree.co.uk> writes:

> For some reason when using konqueror as a normal user in edgy,
> browsing to / only displays TWO folders: "/home" and "/media". The
> other folders ("/usr /bin /etc ...") are all there, but this bug
> prevents me from seeing them. Has anybody else encountered this, or
> know of a fix?

It is, as noted, a feature.  The '.hidden' files in the root and /media
are responsible for the list of hidden areas.

You can find the actual files, as the .hidden ones are symlinks, in
/etc/kubuntu-default-settings/hidden-*

Season to taste; they are standard configuration files, so should do the
right thing no matter what you do to them.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/