no x-java-vm

Janne Vänttinen janne.vanttinen at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 25 16:25:00 UTC 2006

anthony baldwin wrote:
> Why can I not use application/x-java-vm chat?
> I have java installed and enable in mozilla...
> Other java applets work, as far as I know...
> example: http://espanglishchat.com/

It works in my Firefox without a problem. With this little information I
would be tempted to think whatever Java you're running doesn't fully
support this particular applet. So if you're not running Sun Java, you
might want to try it. It's in multiverse, I believe.

> x-posted (as if you hadn´t guessed/como vocês não ja tinham adivinhado,
> ne)...

I don't know if cross-posting to two lists with different languages is a
good idea, especially since
 1) if spanish language answer arrives here, I (and I guess most of us
here) have no idea what it says
 2) when I reply to a mail on this list I would have to manually add the
other list to addresses because of the reply-to header and because I am
not very interested in spanish answers, I'm not likely to do it.

--
- Janne