encoding cp860 in konqueror

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Tue Oct 24 14:37:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

the list of encodings for filenames in konqueror (or konsole, for that matter)
does not include cp860, which is important for brazillian users that
communicate with Windows users (everbody...?). Unfortunately this is the
encoding XP uses for its CD burning.

How can I add this encoding to kubuntu's KDE, so that I see filenames (and use
them) correctly? I expect this not to be in konqueror's configuration, but
rather some centralised place (based on the fact that the encodings list
appears to be the same for every app that displays it).

Please, anyone?

regards
FF