Kubuntu instability...

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:41:36 BST 2006

Steve wrote:
> On Mon 23 October u wrote:
>>> What are your experiences with Kubuntu? I would especially
>>> appreciate comments from those users that used or are using
>>> multiple distros. Is it really somewhat unstable, or I'm just not
>>> doing things right?
>
> Its been rocksolid for me for the last 6 months on a T43P.
> steve

Well, I have been using Kubuntu and experimenting with other distros
(SimplyMepis, Vector, Linspire, Knoppix) since the Breezy and I always
come back to Kubuntu. But in some sense I have a feeling Breezy was the
most stable, Dapper had some real quirks and Edgy that I am now on seems
to be the thing once I get all updates and so on downloaded.

Admittedly, I have been using more and more recent hardware but I am/was
a bit disappointed with Dapper.

At this moment I am not pleased with Edgy going the "hide more and more
stuff away behind x number of menus" idea but am sure I will get over that.

Kubuntu still feels the most solid distro I have been using. But
flawless, nope. I also get to kill apps, adept does not always start,
computer sometimes refuses to shutdown and so on.

Sinclair