Can't read K3b burned [backup] DVD

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sun Oct 22 19:07:13 UTC 2006

Rob Blomquist wrote:
> On Saturday 21 October 2006 10:55, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> I just burned a Teac DVD+R x16 RW with all my important files as a
>> backup - trouble is I can't get it to mount. It doesn't auto-mount and
>> other DVD's that I have made in the same way, albeit from Philips, do
>> auto-mount.
>> I also can't mount it manually:
>
> With K3B under Ubuntu, I have burned several coasters recently with my CDRW
> drive. I can't think of another distro that I have ever had a coaster burn.
>
> My CDs are not getting finalized properly, and K3B is warning me of the
> problem, and asking that I burn a new one. Are you getting the same message,
> or are you like me, and don't look all that often.
>
> Rob

There was no warning message - I got the nice music telling me that it
was successful.
I tried adding 'auto' to my fstab but still no joy :-( I tried manually
mounting it but I get an error message: No meduim found.
Strange thing is I took it to a friend's Win xp laptop and it open it no
problem showing all my files etc.

What gives??

Blessings,

Nigel