Edgy, xine & .avi

Nicolas Ouellette nicolas.ouellette at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 21 12:15:33 UTC 2006

Hi. Yesterday I upgraded from Dapper to Edgy RC1. Everything went fine, but I
only have one problem: xine cannot read .avi files anymore. The error message
is (translated from french) : The flux "myfile.avi" uses an unsupported
codec: Video codec : DivX5 (DX50). Read anyway?

Since I was able to read those avi files on Dapper,  that all packages were
upgraded to Edgy at the same time, and that Mplayer will read avi correctly,
I presume the problem comes from xine itself. Any way around this? Anyone had
this problem?

Many thanks,
--
Nicolas Ouellette