Cant install koffice 1.6

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 12:57:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:47:40 +0200
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

DC> On 19/10/06, Tez <binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
DC> > Well, you know the date you installed them so you can do something
DC> > like: $ grep "2006-10-19" /var/log/dpkg.log | grep installed
DC> > to filter out everything except packages that were fully installed
DC> > on that date, and time if you add that.
DC> >
DC> > Something more complicated that will restrict the output to
DC> > minimum is $ grep "2006-10-19" /var/log/dpkg.log | grep installed
DC> > | grep -v
DC> > "\-installed" | uniq
DC> >
DC> > That will search /var/log/dpkg.log for lines with "2006-10-19" and
DC> > "installed", then filter out lines with -installed (like lines
DC> > with "half-installed"), then will remove any duplicate lines (if
DC> > you installed, removed and then installed again). Grep is a cool
DC> > tool when you get to know the power of it.
DC>
DC> Yeah, I just copied the last few days to a text file and I'm going
DC> by that. I still can't seem to get it to the point that I can
DC> upgrade the system.
DC>
DC> Dotan Cohen
DC>
DC> http://dagot.com
DC> http://what-is-what.com/what_is/spam.html

The problem with the koffice 1.6 packages looks to be that a file has
been migrated from krita-data to krita (or vice versa) and so it's
complaining about not being able to overwrite it and then has problems
with the dependencies. Doing:
sudo apt-get -f upgrade
from the command line fixed it for me.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |