Cant install koffice 1.6

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 12:09:12 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 19/10/06, Tez <binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I don't think there is an apt-get log anywhere, at least I haven't found
>> it, but dpkg keeps a log at /var/log/dpkg.log that should help.
>>
>> Tez
>>

> Tez, I don't know what I'd do without your help! That log is just what
> I need. Oh, this is not going to be fun, the log is full of
> "half-installed" messages, like such:
> 2006-10-19 08:52:12 status half-installed libxtst-dev 2:1.0.1-0ubuntu2
>
> Dotan Cohen

Well, you know the date you installed them so you can do something like:
$ grep "2006-10-19" /var/log/dpkg.log | grep installed
to filter out everything except packages that were fully installed on
that date, and time if you add that.

Something more complicated that will restrict the output to minimum is
$ grep "2006-10-19" /var/log/dpkg.log | grep installed | grep -v
"\-installed" | uniq

That will search /var/log/dpkg.log for lines with "2006-10-19" and
"installed", then filter out lines with -installed (like lines with
"half-installed"), then will remove any duplicate lines (if you
installed, removed and then installed again). Grep is a cool tool when
you get to know the power of it.

Tez