Backup solutions on Kubuntu

gismo at iol.ie gismo at iol.ie
Thu Oct 19 13:39:41 BST 2006

On Wed 18 October 2006 14:21, Richard Howes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am about to migrate from Dapper to Edgy. Before doing that I want
> to backup my important stuff as suggested, which is probably the
> first time I am doing this! ;-)
>
> I am interested in backup solutions and suggestions.
>
> While I am about it I am interested in any possible solutions to
> backing up a Linux and Windows mixed LAN (via a Linux tool/server
> of course).
>
> Thanks
> Cheers
>
> Richard

I use true image by acronis backing up to a buffalo link station
ethernet or to a spare hard drive .
Works great I create an image of the whole drive and back it up, you
just use the boot cd and do it from there (dos) I haven't used
windoze for a while but I think you can do it from windoze with out
going into dos (rebooting).
I think there is a linux version as well but its expensive, I often
see it posted in the warez groups though.

steve