bios doesn't like large hard drives

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 01:10:52 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 07:48, Samuel Debruyn wrote:

> My problem is: this utility only works with Windows, when I tried to install
> Kubuntu, Kubuntu was still showing the EZ-Drive. If I delete the ddo, my pc
> will hang while the BIOS boots the hd. A solution to this problem?

Interesting. I used to have a machine that had an oversize drive on an older
mobo, and Linux did not care what the BIOS said, it just checked with the HD,
and found out what it was, and used it.

I wonder why that is not happening now, and lack the time to find out for you.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA