./configure problems (was: Installing X-development package)

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 23:05:29 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 17/10/06, Henri Girard <henrigira at numericable.fr> wrote:
>
>> libxres-dev
>> libxres1
>> libxtst-dev
>> libxtst6
>> Hope those are the missing ones
>> Henri
>>

> Thanks, Henri, those are all installed already! xorg-dev and kde-devel
> got me a bit further, but now I'm getting this:
>
> checking for CeRapiInit in -lrapi... no
> configure: error: Can't find RAPI library
>
> However, searching for rapi led me to tens of packages. Instead of
> testing them all, does anyone know if one of these are most likely
> what I need:
>
> libtext-wrapi18n-perl - internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
> libuniconf4.2 - C++ network libraries for rapid application development
> libwvstreams4.2-base - C++ network libraries for rapid application development
> libwvstreams4.2-extras - C++ network libraries for rapid application development
> libhk-classes9 - C++ library for rapid development of database applications
> librapi2 - Make RAPI calls to a WinCE device, runtime libraries
> librapi2-dev - Make RAPI calls to a WinCE device, development libraries
> librapi2-tools - Tools for talking to a WinCE machine from the command line
> rapidsvn - A GUI client for subversion
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen

I think the clue here is in the "-lrapi..." part.
>From experience compiling apps when the configure script checks for
"-l(Anything)" it's a lib, I guess that's what -l means??
So "-lrapi" is looking for rapi library's, on the list I see librapi2 so
that looks like a good choice. You may need the -dev package as well but
you can try without to see.

If I remember correctly you are trying to compile "syncekonnector", that
package isn't in dapper, but it is in edgy (which I'm running). It only
depends on "synce-kde" and you can find it's dependences here
http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/utils/synce-kde which may give you some
help in finding all the packages you need.

Tez