No lyrics in AmaroK

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:56:01 UTC 2006

On 16/10/06, claydoh <claydoh at claydoh.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 15 October 2006 4:30 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Yes, the error is:
> > "אי אפשר היה לאחזר מילים כי השרת לא ניתן להשגה."
> >
> > Which translates to:
> > "Cannot retrieve lyrics because the server is inaccessable"
> >
> > I don't know that the newest Amarok is misconfigured, or if the server
> > is down. That's why I asked for version numbers of successes/failures.
> > Sorry that I didn't include the error message.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
> >
> > http://essentialinux.com/
> > http://simplesniff.com/
>
> I cannot get lyrics using the drfault lyrics script (lyrc) in Amarok 1.4.3,
> this isn't a KDE/Amarok issue as the whole lyrc (http://lyrc.com.ar/) site I
> cannot access at the moment. This happens every now and then.
>
> You may want to try a different lyrics script (if they are compatible with
> 1.3.9 - I think most are, and the newer ones require Ruby be installed)
>
> Lyriki actually searches multiple lyrics servers, including lyrc, and can be
> installed via Amarok's script manager. You can select which lyric sites to
> poll and the preference order as well.

Thanks. The scripts install fine, but tI get error 127 when I run
them. So I googled the error, and it turnsout that I nneda syslink
from wherever ruby is located to /usr/bin/ruby. A suggestion at
linuxquestions suggests that ruby is actually called ruby18 on some
systems, but on mine it is not. And:
dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ which ruby

I went looking for ruby on the system and found it under
/usr/lib/ruby. However, when I create a syslink to there, I get error
126: permission denied. So, what might I do?

Dotan Cohen

http://english-lyrics.com/
http://song-lirics.com/