Re: gRip won´t work with any mp3 encoder

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 02:21:29 BST 2006

> On Saturday 14 October 2006 09:28, Hawkwind wrote:
> > You could always use ogg2mp3 and convert it from ogg to mp3.  You don't
> > lose any sound quality, atleast nothing noticeable.  I've used grip for
> > years, but always convert to ogg by default since my entire library is
> ogg.
>
> I am guessing that you don't have a car stereo that plays files instead of
> CDs
> then...I have never found one that does ogg, and converting each one to
> mp3
> before I burn a cd is pretty painful...

I convert everything to ogg and I can't find anything that doesn't play it.
I've got a 12 year old boom-box that plays the ogg files when burned to CD.
I guess that's because k3b burns them differently to CD allowing anything to
play them.  All my car stereos play the OGG files I burn to CD as well.
It's very nice how k3b handles it.

With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo