HOw to upgrade to Edgy Beta

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 17:46:11 UTC 2006

Richard Howes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a "bleeding edge" junkie and would like to upgrade my Dapper to Edgy. How
> do i go about it? Do I have to download an iso or is there an upgrade
> possibility (which I assume would reduce the download size required.
>
> Thanks
> Cheers
>
> Richard

First make sure you are all up-to-date, then just chenge every
occurrence of "dapper" in your /etc/apt/sources.list to "edgy", eg.
"deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy main restricted universe
multiverse"

Then run
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then go watch TV for a while for the updates to download.

Tez