Setting up NFS but no exportfs program - what to do?

marcus lists at wordit.com
Fri Oct 13 06:19:46 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 02:14, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> Darned if I know Marcus.  All I know is that I've read that exportfs
> is the program that takes your exports and tells the kernel
> what to do.

That query was from Cliff, since normally you don't need to mess with
exportfs. But I guessed that it must have been deleted somehow on your
system.

> In any case, installing nfs-common again did it and exportfs has
> appeared.

Maybe another app saw a conflict and removed exportfs...or it didn't get
installed the first time around. Sounds weird anyway.

At least reinstalling fixes it. Hopefully it was not a dependency
conflict or you might get the same problem again in the future. I have
no idea what it could be though, if that is the case.

Marcus