Opening files from the Konsole

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 02:35:20 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/10/06, Carl <waldbie at verizon.net> wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > $ kfmclient exec <file>
> >

> No matter what type of file, I get this output:
>
> dotancohen at ubuntu:~/Desktop$ kfmclient tux016.pdf
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> "tux016.pdf" שגיאת תחביר: פקודה לא מוכרת
> dotancohen at ubuntu:~/Desktop$ kfmclient dotan-logo.png
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> "dotan-logo.png" שגיאת תחביר: פקודה לא מוכרת
> dotancohen at ubuntu:~/Desktop$

To get rid of the bad device errors, read this post on my forums:
http://www.linuxfordummies.org/index.php?topic=579.0

As far as the konsole thing, I've never heard of any way of doing that.
Though I don't use KDE enough to really know for sure.  However, after
testing the command:  kfmclient exec file.txt and doing it on a .png file
and others, it works.  Very kewl indeed to learn.

Dotan Cohen

> http://what-is-what.com/what_is/linux.html
> http://dotancohen.com/

With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo