firefox + logo

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 16:11:15 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 10:06 am, Brendan wrote:
> On Thursday 12 October 2006 10:38, John DeCarlo wrote:
> > I think the user community should stand up and say - we want the real
> > Firefox, not some bizarro-world version put out by Debian, Ubuntu, X,
> > Y, or Z.
>
> You live on bizzarro world I think. Distributors are encouraged to add
> their own links, etc. to applications to make it feel more "customized".
> It's not like you are being tricked. Give me a break. Please, stop armchair
> quarterbacking here.

He's not talking about adding a theme, or adding bookmarks, things like that.
Some of these distro's disable features, and change code in ways that down
right break the app.

What I would call for is a themed, and bookmarked version where the underlying
code was what you get from Mozilla.  If any of these Distros think they can
help improve the code let 'em join up with Mozilla and contribute like the
rest of the world. Too many people use firefox, and Mozilla browsers at this
point for Debian to start trying to throwing its weight around.  One of these
days someone is going to wake up and realize that Ubuntu has a better debian
setup than debian and that's where the developers, and user community is
going to go.  As far as I can tell, the sooner the better.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore