USB device problems

Orjan Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:30:13 UTC 2006

I have this really weird problem with usb devices since a couple of days.

I can use things like mouse and so on via usb with no problems. But any
memory device such as flash or even a camera comes up with no read access!

If I go root via Krusader or a root konsole I can see in my
/media folder that the device (normally sdb1, sda1 and 2 are disk
partitions) is read/write for the owner, being me, and forbidden for all
else!

I have tried to change settings to read/write for owner (and change to
root) and read/write for group (and change to plugdev) but nothing happens.

Any input and ideas appreciated, as always,

Sinclair