SysGuard to show temperature (was Kubuntu on Dell Inspiron 6400)

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Wed Oct 11 12:22:43 UTC 2006

ยป On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:54AM +0200, Orjan Sinclair wrote:

> Francesco, is there a way of getting the KSysguard panel applet to
> integrate the temperature-meter?

Yes, it is possible.

> I have tried but it only shows the 2 "predefined" no matter what I try
> with my a bit "oldtimer coming back to *nix" knowledge.

This is how you do it:

Step 0. Add an ksysguard applet to your panel.

                  ========================

Step 1. Get an empty display;

Go to the ksysguard applet corner (that little bar on the left of it).
"Right click" -> "Configure SysGuard". Set the "number of displays" to
3.

OR

Right click on one display at the panel applet directly, say CPU,
and "remove display".

Either way you should have an empty display at the applet.

Step 2. Open KSysGuard (the program). Find the temperature sensor at the
        sensor browser (at the left), and drag & drop it into the empty
        display.

You will then be asked how you want it displayed etc (you can change
that later).

Cheers,
--
Francisco